Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 am – 3 pm
Pay Rate: $18/hour
The Administrative Assistant is considered a part-time, lay, regular position requiring approximately 25 hours of work per week on average and reports to the Pastor.
- Must be able to maintain healthy boundaries, honor confidentiality, and exhibit professionalism.
- Must be able to maintain pleasant, discreet, tactful, and respectful communication.
- Must be able to demonstrate real love and concern for others.
- Must have general knowledge of all office equipment, maintain supplies, and possess good telephone etiquette.
- Must be willing to further their training by seeking new information, tutorials, and resources.
- Must be able to and willing to deal with various types of personalities, both on the phone and in-person in a professional manner.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-starter, ability to work with little supervision, good at multi-tasking, prioritizing projects, and have strong organizational skills.
- Must possess strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Must be willing to learn about our denomination, conference, association, and the local church.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of two years experience as an administrative assistant or equivalent.
- Strong skills in MS Office and Google Suite.
- Strong skills in using Canva, MailChimp, and social media.
- Strong skills in using computer and office equipment.
- Proficient – strong skills with WordPress.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Pastor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Provide administrative assistance as approved by the Pastor to the Business Manager, Church Council, Committees, Organizations, and individuals.
- Perform receptionist duties including screening calls, taking messages, maintaining the office email account, general office work; maintaining supplies and various files; and keeping official church records.
- Periodically compile reports for the church, Chicago Metropolitan Association, and the Illinois Conference of the United Church of Christ.
- Compile, create, edit content for the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter.
- Print, copy, and mail (when necessary) bulletin and monthly newsletter.
- Maintain Google Calendar that automatically synchronizes with our website and the Pastor’s calendar as well as a physical calendar.
- Distribute incoming mail and faxes.
- Prepare outbound mail and correspondence.
- Keep an accurate up-to-date directory of the entire congregation and friends including but not limited to phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses.
- Coordinate with Pastor for pastoral care visits, hospital visits, baptisms, weddings, and funerals.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Pastor.
Please complete our job application by going to the following site, http://bit.ly/AdminAsstChristChurchUCC, where you may upload your resume.