WomanPreach! Inc. is committed to training preachers who often emerge from churches, academic institutions, and other spaces that are inhospitable to their vocation and their voice. We provide intimate, practical training and nurturing community spaces that empower preachers. Our programming began as a way to train women, and has since grown to include programming for people of all genders (Sophie’s Table) and speakers that serve as community organizers and in various other vocational spaces where faith-based, justice centered proclamation is necessary. WomanPreach! Inc. acknowledges the socio-political, cultural, and religious context out of which preachers and witnessers of the Gospel come and welcomes attendees regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, class, ethnicity, race, or denominational affiliation.
We are a “movable feast.” We partner with organizations, churches, seminaries, and universities to bring our Preaching Intensives to cities around the country. WomanPreach! Inc. is also proud to lead workshops and sessions at conferences and programming hosted by some of our amazing partners.
Position: Administrative Support (Independent Contractor)
Compensation: $500 monthly stipend for a maximum of 20 hours per month (additional pay for live program assistance)
Reports to: Director of Programs and Operations
Overview: Provides administrative support for the operations, programming, and community engagement of WomanPreach! Inc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Attend bi-weekly meetings and record meeting minutes
● Distributes thank yous and annual giving letters for donors
● Assists with the update and management of WomanPreach! Inc.’s Constant Contact
● Occasional research as needed to support the development of programs and projects
● Secondary support person for programs as needed
● Assists with the arrangement and distribution of the monthly digital newsletter
● Assists with logistics, documentation, and administrative organization for
programming, volunteer network, and project planning.
● Check, respond to, and redirect emails that come into [email protected]
● Other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs and Operations
● Well-organized and proactive with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work independently, attention to detail, and fastidiousness with deadlines.
● Proficient with Google Drive and Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
● Familiar with Constant Contact
● Familiarity with Squarespace website tools (desirable but not necessary)
Maximum of 20 hours per month. Additional pay included for live program support outside of normal working hours. (Position may include support for out-of-state programs once in-person programming is safe again. Travel, lodging, and meals included for any out-of-state programming.)
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] All applicants are asked to fill out a short and simple questionnaire once cover letter and resume are received.