The ECC, formed in the United States in 2003, is a separate religious body that identifies itself as Catholic but not Roman Catholic. The ECC traces its origins to the first Vatican Council in 1870 when a group of European bishops called the “Old Catholic Church” met in Utrecht, Netherlands, refusing to accept papal infallibility in matters of church doctrine, and rejected allegiance to Rome.
The ECC is committed to creating communion with all people.
All are welcome to participate fully in the Eucharistic celebration — no exceptions.
ECC ordained clergy include persons from all walks of life without regard to gender identity, sexual orientation or marital status.
ECC is governed equally by ordained and lay persons; bishops, presbyters and deacons are called and selected to serve by the congregation.
The Administrator of the Office of Presiding Bishop (OPB) is responsible for a range of functions to ensure the smooth operation and functioning of the Ecumenical Catholic Communion. The Administrator reports to the Presiding Bishop and works collaboratively with the Presiding Bishop in overseeing the day to day operations of the OPB. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) located in St. Louis, MO.
- Review and answer correspondence both mail and electronic
- Provide secretarial services including recording and maintaining minutes from all ECC
leadership committee meetings
- Update and maintain all clergy, community, and financial files and databases
- Prepare reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence as
- Monitor office operations
- Schedule appointments and meetings for Presiding Bishop
- Manage schedule for the Presiding Bishop
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Presiding Bishop
- Track office supply inventory and approve orders
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and expenses
- Receive and deposit all community tithes and other donations
- Write checks as needed and make payments on behalf of the OPB
- Coordinate monthly payroll for all staff and the Presiding Bishop through payroll
- Prepare annual estimates of expenditure, maintain budgetary and inventory controls
and make recommendations to Finance Committee and Treasurer
- Assist in coordination and planning of biennial ECC National Synod
- Strategize with the Presiding Bishop on new initiatives, responses, procedures, etc.
- Work on additional projects as needed
- Minimum Bachelors Degree
- At least 2 years experience in administrative role, or similar position including
communication and office management
- Preferred bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Maintains staff confidentiality
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spreadsheets and presentation software
Please send cover letter and resume to: Bishop Francis Krebs, Presiding Bishop of the Ecumenical Catholic Communion email@example.com