Chicago Theological Seminary, a seminary affiliated with the United Church of Christ, serves God, Christ’s Church, multiple faith communities, and the larger world by educating persons theologically and cultivating the intellectual, pastoral, and spiritual capacities of lay and ordained religious leaders, scholars, and activists who contribute to the increase of justice and mercy.
Chicago Theological Seminary is seeking a permanent, full time Annual Giving and Database Coordinator. This position reports to the Vice President for Advancement and performs the following key job functions:
- Manages Individual giving strategy for annual gifts up to $5,000 level in order to achieve or exceed departmental goals for donor numbers, alumni participation, and giving revenue
- Develops, project manages, and implements 3-6 digital and print solicitation campaigns annually in consultation with the VP Advancement
- Develops and executes 3-6 mass stewardship communications each year
- Strategizes and implements annual giving opportunities in conjunction with institutional events, or consults with team members to manage
- Reviews annual giving donors to find prospects suitable for major or planned gift solicitations for inclusion in a feeder pool of prospects to the portfolios for the VP Advancement, Director of Major Gifts, or Director of Advancement and Strategic Initiatives
- Monitors donor numbers on weekly or bi-weekly basis and adjusts strategies to maximize donor retention and acquisition
- Functions as the Advancement Raiser’s Edge NXT database manager, developing guidelines and best business practices for Advancement team, and overseeing database access and security permissions
- Manages data acquisition and enrichment to improve contact information and ensure we are following best practice data management
- Structures, sets guidelines, and oversees constituent list management utilizing the MailChimp platform, reconciling and/or integrating lists with Raiser’s Edge data
- Trains advancement team members or others in the institution (or connects them to training resources) on how to use Raiser’s Edge most effectively and productively
- Oversees gift processing (by Administrative Assistant) according to best practices and IRS guidelines, functions as backup gift processor, and ensures that gifts are processed in a manner that ensures accurate reporting and information flow to the accounting department
- Provides reports and analytics for staff, leadership, trustees, and compiles an annual honor roll list of donors for publication
- Shares supervision (through dotted line reporting) of full-time Advancement Administrative Assistant (particularly with respect to gift processing and database work)
- Oversees the database entry work done by Advancement student employees to ensure accuracy and compliance with guidelines
- Develops departmental organization processes surrounding stewardship reporting and ensures that required stewardship activities are implemented and documented.
Education/Training: Bachelors’ degree or equivalent of training and experience.
Experience: 2+ years of development and/or CRM database experience required, with annual giving experience strongly preferred. A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required, and proficiency in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge donor database is strongly preferred. Fluency in website editing, mass email communications through Mail Chimp, and social media expertise is also required.
Time/Travel Requirement: Full time 35 hour per week position with generous paid time off and excellent benefit package. Some weekend and evening hours may be required and some remote work may be allowable. Travel not required, but travel opportunities for professional development or business opportunities could be available.
Skills and abilities: Must have a high level of attention to detail with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis; good interpersonal and organizational skills; excellent writing and communication skills and ability to think strategically and creatively; ability to prioritize work and perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines; good problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to take responsibility, to work well with a team and independently and to manage others; ability to understand directions and complex policies and procedures; ability to deal with confidential data.
Please submit a current résumé, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references, to email@example.com.
Application materials are being reviewed. Search is open until position is filled.