Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) has grown and evolved since our founding in 2002, adapting fearlessly to meet the complex challenges of 21st-century worldview diversity. We have gone from running interfaith youth programs in church, mosque, and synagogue basements to shaping a national narrative about the power and potential of civic religious pluralism while focusing on the society-transforming power of higher education. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and philosophical traditions that affirm the dignity and justice for every human being. IFYC affirms and supports work for racial equity and is committed to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been.
At IFYC, we are ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are serious about our vision of an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions bridge divides, work towards racial equity, and find common values to build a shared life together. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color.
You believe that your excellent support of executive leaders is critical to IFYC achieving its vision of interfaith cooperation and racial equity in America. You have excellent judgment and can prioritize an executive’s time. You love to organize and manage all tasks, from big to small. You believe that every detail is important and feel a sense of satisfaction when every detail is attended to. You thrive in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You enjoy working collaboratively and liaising across multiple complex projects with various stakeholders. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level executive assistance to our Senior Advisor for Racial Equity. Our Senior Advisor for Racial Equity oversees both our external racial equity programming and our internal commitment to racial equity. He has a dynamic schedule, including internal meetings, travel, and external meetings. We’re looking for this position to optimize and prioritize this executive’s time through the following responsibilities.
– Manages dynamic calendars of appointments and travel for the executives. Schedules internal and external meetings and responds to internal and external requests for meetings with the executives in a timely, respectful manner.
– Serves as a “gatekeeper” for the executive’s schedule and communicates directly and on behalf of the executive, with donors, VIP partners, media contacts, IFYC staff, and others on meeting requests from IFYC and responding to invitations from external partners.
– Prioritizes conflicting needs of the executive’s time to ensure that his time is deployed strategically.
– Works closely and effectively with the executive to keep him well-informed of the upcoming commitments, calendar obligations, weekly to-do items, and follows up appropriately.
– Arranges complex and detailed travel plans for the executive including all logistics, itineraries, bios of meeting participants, agendas, and other materials for related meetings.
– Liaises with appropriate team members in preparation for trips, ensuring smooth and managed travel.
– Assists with follow-up and other action items after trips conclude.
– Oversees budgets and provides quarterly reports to the executives on the status of their budgets.
– Coordinates with the Director of Executive Office to schedule time for the executives to meet with the Founder and President.
– Creates and formats presentations in PowerPoint
– Copyedits and proofreads materials
– Researches various programmatic topics for the executive
– Drafts correspondence and memos on behalf of the executive
– Maintains updated contacts and upload email correspondence in SalesForce for the executive and finds ways to optimize ongoing engagement with VIPs
– Completes reimbursements for executive, does credit card reconciliations and submit check requests
– Supports the executive with personal affairs when necessary
– Assists the Director of Executive Office with researching travel, small event research, credit card reconciliation, and other duties as assigned
Supervision: Director of the Executive Office
Compensation and benefits: $55,000 – $70,000 annually plus free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health coverage. Generous time off policies that include paid time off, floating holidays, fixed holidays, sick leave and paid parental leave.
Application: Please upload your resume and cover letter that includes why you want to work at IFYC. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Location: working from our Chicago Loop office at 141 W Jackson Blvd. #3200 Chicago, IL 60604 when our hybrid office reopens in 2021
Other Requirements: This position requires the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to: maintain regular attendance in our Chicago Loop office; work cooperatively with others; adhere to IFYC personnel policies and safety rules; sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, photocopiers, and projectors; communicate orally, in writing, and via computers and digital devices; and requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal and other office equipment.
IFYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as needed to enable qualified applicants with a disability to participate in pre-employment procedures.
– A Bachelor’s degree
– 3-5 years of administrative assistance experience
– Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders
– Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
– Excellent communication skills and versed with communicating with VIPs
– Proven client service skillset
– Strong attention to detail
– Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
– Willing to learn and utilize organization-wide constituent relationship management software (Salesforce)
– Authorization to work in the United States
– High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
– Passionate commitment to IFYC’s vision of an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions bridge divides, work towards racial equity and find common values to build a shared life together
– Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to liaise with VIP guests and VIP contacts
– Collaborative nature; flexible and adaptable to change and agility in problem-solving
– Excellent judgement, ability to see the big picture and make strategic decisions accordingly.
Hours: Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required to address travel or other timely executive responsibilities hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday