The First Unitarian Church of Chicago is a Unitarian Universalist congregation located on the University of Chicago campus in the Hyde Park neighborhood.
The First Unitarian Church of Chicago is a Unitarian Universalist congregation located on the University of Chicago campus in the Hyde Park neighborhood. Our liberal faith community is currently looking for a part-time Communications Assistant to coordinate our online communication. Since this job will be done remotely, residence in the Chicago area is not a requirement.
– Weekly, solicit announcements and events from staff and leaders, determine best channel(s) for communication.
– Compile weekly announcements from various sources, edit as needed, get approvals as needed.
– Solicit and ensure submission of weekly staff and leader columns.
• Weekly communications (using MailChimp)
• Other duties as assigned.
More detailed job description can be found here: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/First-Unitarian-Church-of-Chicago-1/jobs
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail; flexibility and ability to work well under pressure; ability to work independently; competence in MS Office; familiarity with Mailchimp or similar email marketing platforms; familiarity with WordPress or similar website platforms; experience with design of social media related imaging and posting to social media, especially Facebook; familiarity and appreciation for liberal religion.
College degree, Unitarian Universalist affiliation.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]