The Director of Youth and Children Ministries nurtures the spiritual growth of children and youth at Bethel by building relationships, connecting youth and families to the Bethel faith community, empowering service, cultivating faith, supporting volunteers, and growing Bethel’s children and youth ministry programs.
Bethel UCC is a vibrant, open and affirming, mission-focused church that exists “to help people experience the grace of God as revealed through the love of Jesus Christ, to be a Christian congregation of neighborly love, and to serve as an instrument of God’s love in our community and the world.
One year contract, with an option to renew.
This is a part-time position that will require a commitment of 20-25 hours a week (including a minimum of 3-4 hours on Sundays) and a one-week summer mission trip.
• Coordinate Christian education on Sunday mornings for Preschool, Elementary and Middle School students.
• Recruit and train teachers for Sunday morning Christian Education and teach in these programs as necessary.
• Lead High School small group for grades 9-12.
• Lead Middle School Small group for grades 6-8.
• Lead annual Youth Mission Trip.
• Plan, promote and lead fundraising for the annual Youth Mission Trip
• Recruit and train nursery workers.
• Attend all Board of Elder meetings and work with volunteers on creation, coordination and evaluation of special events
• Communicate with the congregation and community about youth and family activities.
• Assist with Confirmation classes and associated activities.
• As requested by the Senior Minister participate in Sunday worship