Director of Connectional Ministries – Findlay First Presbyterian Church
This position is responsible for helping our congregation connect with God, one another and the world. Because the church is a community, this position will utilize digital tools, build relationships and create spaces for people to grow and be nurtured in faith. This includes oversight of all communications and faith formation opportunities of the congregation.
This full-time salary position is for a start date in mid-August 2023.
Oversee/create/plan/lead Faith Formation programs (45%):
- Recommend, organize and coordinate Sunday morning faith formation—infant through adult
- Plan and conduct various faith formation special events and milestone celebrations, in cooperation with pastor; this will entail occasional leadership in worship
- Foster spaces for children/youth and their families
- Facilitate programming for older adults
Digital outreach (45%):
- Strategically communicate the church’s story, developing consistent branding that will integrate the church’s vision, goals and values, via social media, website and weekly digital communication with the congregation and greater community
- Provide editorial direction and content as well as creative design for communication outlets (print, web, social media, photography and video recordings)
- Execute weekly bulletin, newsletter, website, and social media presence as well as press releases and other marketing tools
- Keep abreast of new technologies and industry trends, strategizing how they can be applied to ministry and mission
- Help facilitate virtual worshipping community that will aid in integration and builds community in a streaming format.
Supervise Sunday morning AV/tech support employees and childcare providers (10%)
Skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or significant experience
- Good organizational and communication skills with all age groups
- Digital communication experience (church or non-profit environment is preferred but not required)
Resume submissions may be sent to [email protected]. With your resume and cover letter, please also provide an outline of a faith formation program you might implement in a congregation of ~300 people, or a faith formation event you might lead for 100-200 people.