The Woodlands UMC (www.thewoodlandsumc.org), outside of Houston, TX, is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries. TWUMC is a 14,000-member congregation located in The Woodlands (suburb of Houston) and is an evangelical Methodist church offering dynamic Christian programs for all ages, placing special emphasis on outreach, discipleship, and missions. TWUMC is one church with many worship communities and styles. While TWUMC creates lots of excitement on Sunday morning, the church has dynamic programs and ministries taking place all through the week. Families at the church are actively involved in their church, community, and schools creating a vibrant and engaged membership ready to share the love of Christ with the world.
Essential functions for this position include:
● Leading the discipleship of students 7th grade through 12th grade with meaningful, relevant teaching, fellowship, events, and small group experiences, consistent with the theology and core values of The Woodlands United Methodist Church.
● Leading and developing the Student Ministry staff in a way that allows them to lead their ministry areas at their highest level of potential. All staff members are growing in both the areas of leadership and spiritual growth.
● Leading the student ministry staff to move the student ministry forward through vision, creativity, problem solving, and communication.
● Creating a global strategy across all campuses to recruit and develop volunteers, small group leaders, and ministry leaders to support current groups as well as anticipated growth in student ministry.
Qualifications for this position are:
● At least 5-7 years of leadership experience in full-time ministry
● Experience teaching large groups
● 1-3 years of experience supervising staff
● Experience leading volunteer teams
● Experience at large and very large congregations
● A college degree; seminary is preferred
● Ordained candidates are welcome to apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.