Tower Hill Camp and Retreat Center is an Outdoor Ministry Site of the Illinois Conference of the United Church of Christ. We welcome children and youth, families and clergy, groups and churches to come to the shores of Lake Michigan for rest, retreat and recreation.
The ideal candidate for our Health and Wellness Assistant is one who is interested in careers in Health, Wellness, Social Work, Mental Health. This person will work with summer youth camps and adult/intergenerational retreat groups on site. They will have the opportunity to acquire new skills in areas of healthcare, hospitality, programing and day to day operations of Tower Hill Camp and Retreat Center.
1. Health Care Officer for 3 1 week-long youth camps which includes but is not limited to:
2. Dining Hall host-promoting healthy eating, engaging with guests and being aware of any emotional/mental health warning signs
3. Promoting and Supporting Camper Social, Emotional, Mental and Physical Development
4. Uphold the mission, policies, and standards as set by the Outdoor Ministry Committee and applicable State of Michigan and American Camp Association regulations
5. Other duties as assigned by Director of Tower Hill Camp and Retreat Center.
June 1 – August 1, 2023, an average of 30 hours/weekYou will learn online with other young adults during the summer of 2023 and form a “Summer Community of Service.” This cohort will live, learn, and serve at camp in the summer of 2023. You will be joined by others from Camp Fowler, NY, Pilgrim Lodge, CA, Templed Hills Heartland Center, OH, Horton Center, NH.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to [email protected]