ABOUT CREEKSIDE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Creekside Christian Church is a non-denominational church with a baptist background located in Elk Grove, CA, which is a suburb of Sacramento. The church is led by Lead Pastor Scott Hansen who has served as the Lead Pastor for the past 8 years. The church currently has two Sunday services that are offered at 9:00a and 10:45a, both of which have an identical modern worship style. Attendance runs around 1,500 each Sunday for their main worship services. The church is offering in-person and online live-streaming options for their Sunday morning experiences, with kids ministries meeting in-person as well. Birth-6th grade can see around 150 kids on a typical Sunday morning. The church also runs the community Awana program on Wednesday nights which can see another 200 kids each week.
Elk Grove is an ethnically diverse community with over 40 elementary schools in its district. The school district is one of the top rated in all of California and has an enrollment of over 60,000 students. Elk Grove has also been previously ranked one of the fastest growing cities in the country, and is continued to be poised for growth as more and more people relocate to their area for relatively lower cost of living homes to commute to higher cost of living areas like San Francisco.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Kids Pastor to oversee kids ministry staff and help cast and carry vision under the direction of the Family Pastor. The desire is to see a strong, thriving, fun, and growing kids ministry that is gospel-focused with equipped and confident leaders. This position oversees kids 6th grade and below. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop culture and grow the children’s ministry. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champion the Kids Ministry to live out the church’s purpose of leading people as “fully devoted followers of Christ.”
- Provide strong leadership to direct Kids Ministry staff, large teams of volunteers, and shepherd over Creekside Christian Church families.
- Embrace the values and principles of Kids Ministry and Creekside Christian Church and ensure that safety standards, as well as administrative policies, procedures and processes of Creekside and Kids Ministry are upheld.
- Work with the Family Pastor to establish and manage ministry goals, objectives, policies and financial plans for programs and events in Kids Ministry (i.e., Sunday Kids Ministry, Awana, KidsCare, Hearts in Motion Special Needs, Mega Camp, Summer Camps, Holidays).
- Help implement “Go”, a theologically sound curriculum for teaching kids, birth-6th grade, with innovative and grade-appropriate approaches.
- Recruit, train, motivate, support and develop paid staff and volunteer leaders to plan, organize and execute the various programs and events.
- Participate in collaboration with the Ministry Leadership Team as collectively they reach out to the community and serve the church body.
- Team player in all church events.
- Build relationships with parents/families.
- Supervise, coach and motivate all Kids Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Creekside policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Has a mature and thriving relationship with Jesus.
- Ability and experience in leading through change.
- Knowledge of child development and experience with multifaceted curriculum.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Kid’s Ministry within the local church.
- Demonstrates an ability to relate to and work under direction and vision of the executive leadership of Creekside.
- Competent in recruiting, motivating and equipping adult and student leaders.
- Technologically proficient with the desire to utilize technology within both the office setting and for resourcing volunteers and parents (Planning Center, Pro Presenter, Database experience, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eager to establish and build relationships with large amounts of families.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years ministry experience on staff serving in Kids Ministry in a larger church setting.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
Reports to: Family Pastor
For more information, view the FULL CHURCH PROFILE at frootgroup.com/creeksidekids.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at [email protected]