Small, rural Congregational church with a mission to serve our community in as many facets as possible.
The First Congregational Church of Toulon is seeking a Lead Pastor to lead our small town church, provide guidance in growing our census, and answer the call to serve in other areas as needed.
Provide and coordinate church leadership in all aspects including, but not limited to:
- Weekly sermon planning and presentation
- Hospital visits
- Greif counseling
- Funeral and memorial services
- Wedding and baptismal services
Lead efforts and direct committees to create and implement effective opportunities and environments for building strong relationships in all areas of the church and within the community.
Build relationships among congregation groups and individuals as well as with community groups.
Complete required administrative duties in coordination with assigned board members and appointed position holders.
- Preaching – the Pastor should be an effective preacher who is able to rightly handle the word of God without alienating any group or individual.
- Servant Leadership – our Pastor should be able to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and his gospel are central.
- Relational – the Pastor should have a heart to care for people.
- Administrative – while seeking mainly to shepherd people, the Pastor should have the skill set and ability to effectively manage the various administrative tasks associated with the position.
- Teaching – the Pastor should be a fruitful, biblical teacher and champion for the First Congregational Church of Toulon.
- Communication – the Pastor should be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and in a loving and biblical manner.
- Peacemaking – the Pastor should be able to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love, and to achieve common goals.
Experience in dealing with various ages and demographics a plus
<40 hours per week
Please email your resume and letter of interest to [email protected]