Chicago Theological Seminary, a seminary affiliated with the United Church of Christ, serves God, Christ’s Church, multiple faith communities, and the larger world by educating persons theologically and cultivating the intellectual, pastoral, and spiritual capacities of lay and ordained religious leaders, scholars, and activists who contribute to the increase of justice and mercy.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Manage and develop the student life journey from enrollment to commencement through strategies and initiatives that positively impact rates of student persistence, retention, and completion.
• Oversight and training for the Chapel Coordinator, pastoral care team and peer mentors.
• Assess and develop initiatives related to student life that positively impact persistence, retention, and completion rates.
• Oversight and facilitation of new student orientation.
• Connect students with resources and faith communities to support their formation, vocational discernment, and development as religious leaders, both here in Chicago and for our many geographically dispersed students
• Assess and develop programs and approaches that bridge online and face to face constituencies.
• Manage institutional resources and serve as a resources and staff liaison to student constituency groups.
• Oversee and organize community events geared towards student formation and retention.
• Facilitate the electronic communication of student announcements, concerns, prayer requests, etc.
• Represent and serve as a student advocate in institutional matters.
• Serve on internal committees related to student affairs topics.
• Work with appropriate institutional channels to accommodate student disability requests.
• Communicate and update social media and multiple digital platforms related to activities associated with Chicago Theological Seminary and Student Services.
• Practice excellent verbal and written communication skills that support diverse religious
communities and identities.
• Working in the online education system or with online communities to assist students.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Master of Divinity, or its equivalent.
• Five plus years of student affairs experience in higher education.
• Experience with MS Office Suite.
• Three plus years of demonstrated ability to work in social media and multiple digital platforms.
• Five plus years of working with diverse religious communities and identities.
• Three plus years of leadership and supervision of teams.
• Five plus years of student affairs experience in theological education.
• Chicago Theological Seminary requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Click HERE to Apply
Chicago Theological Seminary does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination or harassment, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in matters of employment or admissions or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
NOTE: This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization