Countryside is affiliated with the United Church of Christ. We were established in 1949 as part of the Congregational Church, one of the oldest denominations in America, which still remains strong in the New England states. In 1957, our branch of the Congregational Church joined with the Reformed Church in the United States, independent congregations of the Christian Connection, and the Evangelical Synod of North America to form what is now commonly known as the United Church of Christ, or the UCC.
In the spring of 2019, the congregation relocated to the Tri-Faith Commons at 132nd and Pacific as the Christian partner of the Tri-Faith Initiative. See www.trifaith.org for more information on the Tri-Faith Initiative.
What we believe: We are an inclusive, open and affirming family of faith, welcoming all to God’s table of love and acceptance. We are diverse, yet united by Christ’s example. We care for one another, support one another, and challenge one another to become all that God creates us to be. We work together to nurture our community and to promote peace and justice in our conflicted world.
The Interim Minister of Worship and Congregational Care has broad responsibility for 1) leading the congregation in meaningful, inspiring worship; 2) leading staff and lay members to provide thoughtful and supportive congregational care; 3) co-leading the congregation in the interim discernment process as we determine the future direction of our church and the gifts and skills we will need in a settled minister to significantly contribute to achieving that future. This person should share our enthusiasm for our Tri-Faith mission, be excited to be involved with the Tri-Faith clergy group, and be willing to infuse Tri-Faith into our ministries. This person should also share our overwhelming and contagious enthusiasm for the church, have a willingness to engage in healthy conflict resolution, and be a change agent guided by Spirit.
Specific areas of leadership responsibility include:
- Worship Planning & Production
- Responsible for majority of preaching and worship leadership. Lead the congregation in meaningful, inspiring worship.
- Collaborate with the LT to ensure visibility of all LT members to the congregation through worship.
- Lead the long-range planning process for worship series. Ensure that our vision as the Christian partner of the Tri-Faith Initiative and the relationships with our Tri-Faith partners are an integral part of our ongoing worship.
- Utilize the resources available through the existing Worship Team and develop a worship team approach to worship planning.
- Lead the planning and production of weekly in person and online worship. This involves coordination with the other minister and the audio-visual staff.
- Responsible for quality worship recording and broadcast experience over all venues, including live in-person worship, TV Broadcast, live streaming and other social media sources.
- Working knowledge and technology proficiency desired of audio/visual, media, and streaming technologies (e.g. ProPresenter, TriCaster, LiveStream, YouTube, Final Cut) to be able to coordinate the audio-visual staff and direct their work
- Collaborate with arts ministry staff and Arts Ministry Board in worship planning and production.
- Liaise with the Board of Deacons and attend their board meetings.
- Arts Ministries
- Lead the program staff for music and arts ministries, including direct supervision of the Director of Arts Ministry.
- Liaising with the Board of Arts Ministry and attending their board meetings.
- Participate in the visioning and goal setting for music and arts ministries, in conjunction with the Board of Arts Ministry, in line with the overall mission and vision of the church.
- Congregational Care
- Lead the Pastoral Care Coordinator.
- Lead the staff and congregation in compassionate care for one another and provide ministerial care to meet the needs of the congregation.
- Liaise with the Board of Pastoral Care and attend their board meetings.
- Discernment Process
- Be the point person and co-lead the discernment process that will guide the congregation to determine the vision of who we want to become, the leadership and governance model we will use, and how to infuse our presence on the TriFaith Commons into our vision and ministries, while incorporating organizational agility.
Full Time minister serving Countryside UCC church.
Salary Basis: $65,000 – $85,000 based on skills and experience
Benefits: $25,000 – $35,000
Salary plus Benefits: $80,000 – $120,000
Send resume and any video files showing Preaching styles to [email protected]