We are a progressive, growing congregation, celebrating 150 years on Chicago’s west side. We believe in love’s power to foster healing, combat oppression, and transform our world.
The intern works closely with Rev. Colleen and our staff team, and has the opportunity to explore all areas of congregational life. The intern is regularly part of worship, and leads worship and preaches monthly. We can adapt the position to the needs and interests of the intern, and will develop the full job description based on the learning-serving agreement. This position is ideal for graduate students and ministers, who are interested in a prophetic ministry of social justice and preaching, with a commitment to being part of an intentional multi-racial, multi-cultural congregation.
• Interest in social justice, community organizing, and revitalizing urban ministries
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Interest in learning, and openness to innovation, feedback and support
• Strong interpersonal skills and eager to serve on a collaborative team
• Self-motivated, with strong organizational and time-management skills
• Commitment to the 7 principles of Black Lives of UU and Unitarian Universalism
Generous monthly stipend, and up to $1000 in professional expenses
lease send a letter about why you are interested in this position, and include your resume, and contact information for 3 references (including a minister and/or professor) to: Rev.ColleenUU@gmail.com