ABOUT EPIPHANY UCC
Epiphany United Church of Christ is a home for the urban spirit in the North Center neighborhood of Chicago. The church welcomes 100-200 friends and members to its in-person and online service each Sunday.
- Manages office services by organizing office operations and procedures,
preparing payroll, handling correspondence including mail and phone calls, and
conducting clerical functions.
- Produces a weekly church bulletin (print and online) and email newsletter with
input from the Pastor(s), staff, Church Council, and members.
- Records accounts payable transactions, pays expenses via check, debit & credit
cards and ACH payments. Audits monthly financial activity against bank account
statements. Produces tax donation letters with guidance from the Treasurer.
- Plans, coordinates and troubleshoots with other members of the church and the
Finance Team, as projects & problems arise.
- Procures supplies for office and the sanctuary, and maintains office equipment.
- Compiles Epiphany’s annual report with input from the Council and church
members and maintains the Church’s member directory.
- Updates website and social media sites as requested.
- Maintains historical reference for the church by following procedures for
retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Attends church meetings as requested and needed by the Pastor and/or Church
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service focus
- Ability to collaborate and still work independently
- Sensitive to confidential matters
- Ability to develop standards for operations and adapt as needed
- Organizational skills to manage processes and workflow
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Two to three years’ relevant experience in an office setting
- Proficient with office software, including:
- Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Google Drive (and related tools)
- ADP Payroll
WORK HOURS & BENEFITS
The Office Manager position is estimated to be 12 hours per week in-office Tuesday to Friday, preferably mornings or midday three days per week. Hourly pay is in the range of $20.00 to $22.00 per hour based on the candidate’s prior experience and demonstrated skills. Two weeks of paid vacation will be provided. The office is closed on Mondays.
Small established church seeks an office manager with 2-3 years relevant experience. Responsibilities include managing office operations, handling correspondence and calls, preparing weekly bulletins, and supporting payroll and financial record keeping. Candidates must have strong communication and organizational skills. Experience with MS Office, Quickbooks and payroll required.
Please send an email with your resume to [email protected]