Baptist Church of the Covenant is an inclusive, welcoming, missional, progressive church where all are welcomed in Birmingham, Alabama. BCOC affiliates with Alabama CBF, Alliance of Baptists, Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists, BWA, and the Baptist Joint Committee.
The Pastor we seek has a vision for beloved community, a caring Pastor’s heart, and dedication to skillful preaching and creative liturgical worship.
- Graduate-level degree from an accredited school of divinity/seminary
- Ordained Christian minister
- Prior experience as an associate pastor or senior pastor at a multi-staff church
- Organizational financial management experience
- A combination of education and experience may substitute for these qualifications
At least 40 hours per week.
- Accrued vacation leave from first day of employment
- Earned sick leave
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Foster Care leave
- Bereavement leave
- Paid sabbatical after five years of full-time employment (ministerial staff)
- Continuing education opportunities
- Matching retirement plan contributions
- Health insurance benefits
Pastor and Church Profiles can be found at www.bcoc.net. Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, and philosophy of ministry via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org