IFYC is working to make interfaith cooperation the norm in America. This starts in colleges and universities, where the minds and values of emerging leaders are shaped and conversations take place that steer broad cultural change. We engage with leaders across the campus environment – faculty, staff, administration, and students. We offer the tools, guidance, opportunities and networks needed to bring interfaith learning into their campuses, classrooms, research, and lives.
At IFYC, we collaborate with internal colleagues and external partners to execute projects to achieve our mission of interfaith cooperation. IFYC Program Managers are generalists, able to engage religious and worldview diversity with all constituents on a college campus from faculty to administrators. You’ll be leading projects and supporting projects, each of which has distinct roles with clear responsibilities. One day you might be talking to a faculty member about the Curriculum Development Grants they received to incorporate an interfaith module into their Religious Studies 101 curriculum. The next week you might be following up with faculty members to implement what they have learned at our Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar. The next day you might be on a college campus facilitating a workshop for Student Affairs staff, putting IFYC’s frameworks in conversation with the department’s mission statement and Pew findings on religion and public life in the US.
You are passionate about religious and worldview diversity within higher education, and the civic value of engaging across deep difference. You thrive in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You feed off the organizational learning and social science research and adjust your strategy to fit what we’ve learned. You love to work collaboratively internally and externally and liaise across multiple complex projects. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals.
Responsibilities will flex with each assigned project. However, all Program Managers are responsible for the following:
• Manages assigned IFYC projects
• Executes pieces of work on IFYC projects, including data tracking in line with project goals and impact; CRM responsibilities; and administrative tasks
• Deploys IFYC programs and theories of interfaith cooperation across multiple constituencies and parts of the campus
• Builds relationships with IFYC constituents on campuses, such as faculty members, student affairs professionals, and college students
• Represents IFYC through presentations and attendance at higher education conferences, on campus visits, and at IFYC events
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field including religious studies, education, higher education, sociology, etc.
• Three or more years professional experience in a related field, including higher education, interfaith work, consulting, etc.
• Proven project management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness in interfacing with multiple constituencies, such as campus administrators, faculty, staff, students, or professional partners.
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Advanced degree in Religious Studies or Higher Education
• Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders in substantive discussions about religious and worldview diversity, interfaith cooperation and pluralism
• Experience in training, facilitation, consulting, education, assessment and/or related skill sets
• Passionate commitment to IFYC’s mission of making interfaith cooperation the norm in America
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to project peer quality and credibility with campus partners
• Adaptable and able to move across projects and programs and adjust priorities as needed
• Professional communication skills including writing, training and presentation
• Ability to multi-task, balance multiple ongoing projects and work well under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to set ambitious goals and independently pursue them
Travel: approximately 20% of travel time to college, universities, and conferences across the country (average throughout year)
Application deadline: July 28th
Application: Please upload your cover letter and resume, apply here –
Start Date: approximately September 23rd
IFYC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are serious about our vision of an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions bridge divides and find common values to build a shared life together. We seek to build a team comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, and we deliberately recruit candidates who are underrepresented in many interfaith spaces.