Oak Lawn Community Church is a small Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation.
- Provide spiritual and administrative leadership for the congregation
- Lead worship on Sundays and liturgical holidays
- Administer the sacraments
- Officiate at weddings and funerals
- Provide pastoral care for the congregation and for all who seek comfort and guidance through the church
- Work with the office staff to prepare Sunday bulletin and announcements
- Engage in community outreach as time permits
- Serve as moderator of the session and congregational meetings by Presbytery appointment
- Serve as head of staff
- Work with the Treasurer and Session to oversee the financial affairs of the church.
- Assist boards and committees in their ministry and offer training as needed
- Train newly elected officers and assist in preparing persons for membership
- Work with Session to provide educational opportunities for congregation
- Attend Presbytery assembly meetings and participate in the life of the Presbytery of Chicago
- Report regularly to Session on Presbytery matters and actions.
- Promote Presbytery program opportunities
This person must be an ordained PC(USA) Minister of Word and Sacrament or ordained as a pastor in a denomination in full communion with the PC(USA) such as the United Church of Christ. MDiv required.
20 hours per week
Salary $29,000 plus full coverage under the PC(USA) Board of Pensions