The Illinois Conference is a United Church of Christ covenant community promoting congregational health and vitality and pursuing God’s peace and justice. (Adopted at the 2009 annual meeting)
Job Title: Support Staff for Administrative Assistance
Location: Westchester, IL
Reports to: Conference Minister
As part of a three-person support team, the SSAA provides general administrative support to the Illinois Conference of the United Church of Christ. Located at our offices in Westchester, IL, this person is the hub for internal communications, physical office management and administrative support.
- Greet and provide hospitality to visitors to the office.
- Respond promptly to calls, emails, mail, visitors, etc.
- Manage the general Conference email account, voicemail, inquiries from the website, etc. Including all products connected with these accounts (eg. ZOOM, Docket, etc).
- Redirect calls, emails, mail, etc to the appropriate staff person for resolution.
- Meeting support
- Work with all teams and committees to schedule meetings (in person and ZOOM)
- Help distribute materials necessary for these meetings (agendas, documents, etc)
- File and distribute minutes and reports from meetings
- Manage the Conference calendar
- Serve as Assistant Secretary to the Conference Council.
- Office management
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment including copier
- Maintain files – both physical and digital. Support the transition to primarily digital filing
- Ensure office space remains clean and tidy.
- Manage transitions as other office spaces are closed and consolidated
- Maintain shared office spaces
- Data Entry
- Maintain DataHub and/or REALM updates
- Participate in cross training with other Conference support staff
- Provide back up assistance for the other support staff.
- Participate in continuing education
- Participate in regular support staff and all Conference staff meetings
- Support all Conference staff and elected officers as possible
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient with Microsoft office products
- Able to work independently
- Works well in a team environment
- 3-5 years of office administration experience
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication
- Familiarity with the United Church of Christ preferred
Rev. Molly Carlson is accepting applications (letters of interest and current resumes) from external candidates through May 14 at [email protected]