The Wellington faith community is about worshiping God, our fellowship in caring for each other, and seeking justice in the world. Our DNA is immigration justice and environmental justice.
Wellington Avenue United Church of Christ (WAUCC) is seeking an innovative and collaborative part-time Worship Technology Coordinator to oversee our audio/visual and technical needs for hybrid worship and ministry.
Our small, social-justice focused congregation has been worshipping online with a well-received live Zoom worship service for the past year. As COVID protocols continue to evolve, we anticipate moving towards a hybrid worship service comprising an in-person gathering that is simultaneously streamed online, preferably through Zoom.
We are moving into new territory, and are looking for the right partner to join us on this expedition!
This part-time position entails working with the Pastor, the Music Director, and the Worship Committee to create a seamless, high-quality online worship experience. In addition to managing technical issues, this position will also brainstorm with the Pastor and Worship Committee to find liturgically appropriate solutions to technical challenges, creating solutions that are aesthetically appealing, user friendly, and equally engaging to worshippers gathering in person as well as online.
- Collaborate with the Pastor, the Music Director, and other congregational leaders to produce weekly worship services and bolster online presence.
- Create and maintain a technology equipment budget, in coordination with the Worship Committee.
- Establish and maintain the technological infrastructure for worship services (in-person, live-streaming and virtual) and communication, including:
- Sound board
- Worship Laptop Computer
- Execute the technological functions needed for a seamless worship experience (in-person, live-streaming and virtual), in consultation with the Pastor, the Music Director, and other congregational leaders
- Orient and aid liturgists, preachers, and other worship participants in the use of microphones, cameras, and other technical delights.
- Run the slide show (currently done in PowerPoint) during Choir Rehearsal and Sunday services. Be available to make any last minute edits to the slide show.
- Oversee and supervise the operation of audiovisual equipment during in-person worship. Conduct sound checks for in-person and virtual services.
- Recruit and train additional equipment operators.
- Save, edit, and upload recordings to our website, Facebook page, and other social media in consultation with the Pastor/Worship Committee.
- Provide consultation and assistance for events beyond worship.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends and opportunities technology can provide our community for worship, fellowship, and strengthening our community/community outreach.
- Experience with audio, video, and photographic software
- Experience with live streaming or other live production (knowledge of Open Broadcast Software (OBS) a plus!)
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to understand directions and communicate clearly
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of leading/producing worship experiences
- This part-time position, which we anticipate will range from 5-10 hr/week, includes a mix of work that must be done on-site and that can be done remotely. Currently, we are planning to hold in-person worship in the Little Village/Pilsen neighborhood, but that location may change moving forward.
- Work hours include both weekdays (afternoons/evenings) and weekends (Sundays and religious holidays like Christmas, Easter. etc.).
- Hourly pay is $18-20/hr, based on experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as of May 20, 2021.
5-10 hr/week, includes a mix of work that must be done on-site and that can be done remotely.