The objective is to demonstrate the love of God to young people and to encourage them in their spiritual growth through the ministry of Kenilworth Union Church. Practically, this means the Youth Director will assist in all aspects of planning and executing youth ministry programs. Programs may include devotional studies, youth groups, special events, retreats, confirmation classes, off-site service projects, online ministry, classes, meetings, programs, discussions, and travel ministries. This position will require evening and weekend work and some overnights and travel.
Must submit to background check. Must complete mandated reporter training.
- Attending and helping lead all scheduled youth activities and most special events and trips.
- Youth Program administration, including entering attendance, keeping track of registrations and payments, parent, youth, church, and social media communications, maintaining up-to-date youth records.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with youth, parents and volunteer staff through individual and group contact, mail, e-mail, phone, text, social media and contact at church and in the community.
- Occasional staff meetings.
- Participating from time-to-time in development or training activities, which may include classes, independent study, conferences, certifications.
Energetic Friendly Dependable Organized Proficiency with common computer business applications—data entry, google calendar and drive, Microsoft office, including excel Navigates social media with ease, experience with content creation desired Experience with youth groups or camps desired
- Part-time (approx. 15–20 hours per week average plus occasional travel).
- Required attendance during 10-month academic year—September–June o Sunday mornings and some daytimes and evenings, o Wednesday evenings o Tuesday evenings once a month o Occasional special events or travel that may fall on weekends or evenings o Mission Trip travel 1–2 weeks in June o Wilderness Trip travel 1 week late—July / August
- All other duties can be performed on a flexible schedule. Some admin work may be done remotely.
- There will be times during which the Youth Director can have time off and most of these times will correspond to local school vacation schedules.
Send Resume to Silvi Pirn at [email protected]