Welcome to the CONNECTS Forum

< Back to forum home

When the World Falls Apart

Jay Michaelson, Affiliated Assistant Professor of Religious Studies, considers the visceral reaction many–including himself–experienced while watching the burning of Notre Dame. Rooted in the practice of mindfulness, Michaelson consider why we experience such emotional reaction and what, if any, they might tell us about human life.

“Like many of you, I watched in horror as one of the world’s greatest works of art, the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris was severely damaged by fire earlier this week. I find myself reeling. The strength of my reaction surprises me…”

https://www.10percenthappier.com/meditationweeklyblog/when-the-world-falls-apart

Chicago Theological Seminary

Based on Chicago’s South Side, Chicago Theological Seminary is committed to creating leaders for the next generation of religious leadership ... whatever that may be. A leader in social justice, CTS is committed to LGBTQ and gender issues, interreligious understanding, and racial justice. CTS is an affiliated seminary of the United Church of Christ. Since its founding in 1855, CTS has pushed at the growing boundaries of the church in order to make faith more relevant and transform society towards greater justice and mercy. The student body now represents more than 40 different faith traditions, perspectives, and denominations.