The Crossing is a growing progressive Christian campus ministry on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The mission of The Crossing is to provide a Christian campus ministry where students can explore, question, understand, develop and affirm their relationship to God, each other and the world. This mission includes being a diverse and theologically open-minded Christian ministry that allows members of the university community the freedom to grasp anew the love and grace of God through an understanding of, and commitment to, living the gospel of Jesus Christ with a particular focus on his life and teachings. In short, The Crossing is a place where students can belong in community, explore their faith, and become their authentic selves.
Are you passionate about your progressive Christian faith? Would you like to promote and lead an organization that provides a brave and safe place for young adults to belong and grow in their faith? Are you a dynamic leader and relationship builder? The Crossing is looking for an Executive Director who is passionate about progressive campus ministry, a proactive fundraiser and a successful people leader.
The Executive Director leads The Crossing campus ministry, including championing the ministry, fundraising, strategic planning, people leadership, relationship building, and financial management. The Executive Director gives direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, and strategy, and its annual goals and objectives. The Executive Director has six roles: Ministry Champion, Chief Fundraiser, Strategic Planner, People Leader, Relationship Builder, and Fiduciary Manager.
* Believes and lives according to progressive Christian theology
* Familiarity or experience with the United Church of Christ (UCC), American Baptist Churches (ABC), and United Methodist Church (UMC) denominations in which this ecumenical campus ministry is grounded
* Formal theological/pastoral education/licensure is a plus but not required
* At least five years leadership experience for churches or nonprofits is a plus but not required
The ideal candidate will have experience and demonstrated success or potential with:
* Fundraising significant amounts over a multi-year period
* Managing the budget of an organization
* Managing people and teams
* Maintaining and managing a property and tenants
* Leading a ministry or non-profit
* Recruiting people to join an organization
* Creating a well understood identity for an organization
* Programming which transcends traditional institutions to attract and engage a new generation of young people
* Working on or with a board of directors
* Working collaboratively with a university and university students
* Strategic mindset
* Instills trust
* Builds networks and collaborative relationships
* Develops talent and delegates well
* Values differences
* Builds effective teams
* Provides direction, delegating and removing obstacles to get work done
Type of Position
This position may be full or part-time (75% – 100%)
This is a settled position and may be full or part-time (75% – 100%). It is anticipated that this position requires work to be performed primarily in-person, onsite at The Crossing building on the UW-Madison campus in Madison, WI.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Applications (cover letter, resume, and statement of faith) may be submitted via email to:
President of the Board of Directors
Guaranteed application review through May 27, 2022; Open until filled